Leap'n Leviathans!
Not us! We spied this derelict boat along the shore at Point Thatcher, where Peril and Chatham Straits meet. Somebody had a really bad day...We departed just before 1100 (11:00am) this morning heading to Takatz Bay, about 48 miles to the east.Trying to catch-up on a bit of work reading. A friend of mine, Jeff Osorio, is writing a wonderful book on finance and I'm contributing what small bits I can.
It will be on my "I highly recommend this book" list... If you want to really understand finance in the context of a small/medium business, this is the best I've ever seen.
Captain Lizzy at the helm.All while I napped in the salon...
Shift change. Captain Taylor took over helming duties under the supervision of the Admiral.There must be an interesting story here, but we don't know it...
It will be on my "I highly recommend this book" list... If you want to really understand finance in the context of a small/medium business, this is the best I've ever seen.
Rather than pick a few photos, here they all are. A pair of humpback whales. Likely a mother and her large calf spotted in Peril Strait about 2 miles west of Lindberg Head. We stopped for about 15-20 minutes to watch them play. Scroll away...
I think whales "play". And this is a good example of it.
The large processing ship is towing the not-as-large fishing boat.
Waterfall Cove in Chatham Strait, Baranof Island.
While the whales were a much better surprise - I couldn't plan that. I was actually thinking of this 400' waterfall.
He looks just like you, Matt... Mr. Cool...
A photo of Karen taking a photo of Taylor & Lizzy.
And Karen's photo...Tonight's anchorage, Takatz Bay off of Chatham Strait on Baranof Island. This is looking towards the head of the bay.
We are surrounded by cascades and waterfalls from the high peaks around us.
A spirited game of RummiKub (or RummyCube) ensued.
He looks just like you, Matt... Mr. Cool...
A photo of Karen taking a photo of Taylor & Lizzy.
And Karen's photo...Tonight's anchorage, Takatz Bay off of Chatham Strait on Baranof Island. This is looking towards the head of the bay.
We are surrounded by cascades and waterfalls from the high peaks around us.
Tomorrow, we are off a whopping seven miles south to Baranof Warm Springs and the small town of Baranof. Can you guess that the town of Baranof is located on Baranof Island? Amazing!
Notice the flock of seagulls?
See you all later. Ciao.



Loved the whale pictures.
ReplyDeleteWe never get tired of them. I feel like a little kid every time I see one!
ReplyDeleteLove the whale photos. Never too many of those. I also like the picture of you book editing. You look like Papa. Just saying…
ReplyDeleteYes, he does! (Says Suzy!)
DeleteI’ll take that as a high compliment! Thanks!
ReplyDelete