A Bon Voyage Indeed
We bid Taylor & Lizzy a fond farewell as they headed back to home from Wrangell. We wish them safe and on-time travels to Orlando. Unfortunately, our challenged photographer (me) forgot to get a selfie of us all. Oh well... Bye Bye!
What a great trip, 10-days went by so quickly. Sitka to Wrangell (see the stared path above). We saw whales, bears, eagles, sea otters, river otters, sea lions, fish, mountains, glaciers, and friends.Then it was on to the chores. Clean the two bathrooms (heads), vacuum everything, wipe it down, do many loads of laundry, and clean out the two sumps (yick). I'm glad that is behind us!
Now the boat is quiet, calm, peaceful, and a bit lonely.Dinner with just the two of us. Karen made cheese ravioli with spicy Italian sausage in a vodka-less vodka-style sauce. Pretty yummy.
I paired that with the 2022 Long Cellars Savor, a lovely read blend.
That's probably blasphemy in the Selene community, but a good boat is a good boat.
Your Right-Facing Great Blue Heron.Tomorrow, we are southbound through Zemovia Strait to Santa Anna Inlet, then Meyers Chuck, and arriving in Ketchikan in a few days.
Good Night, My Friends.





Ten days is a long time in such close quarters. I get it… if you’re gonna go that far, you definitely want to stay more than a day or two. But I’m sure it feels nice to have the place all to yourselves again. On the next adventure! -CM
ReplyDeleteIt's a mixed bag. Family and friends are always welcome; it is so wonderful to see Alaska anew through their eyes. And, yes, it is great to get back to it just being the two of us. I think the mix of guests and alone time really helps us too.
ReplyDelete