Hello, are there any Salmon out there?
This morning near low tide at Wilson Inlet, Math Islands. Hey, that rock was not there last night! If you look carefully between the rock and the boat, you can see a number of underwater boulders (lighter green spots). We anchored just far enough away from them, so we were in no danger. It is amazing what 20' of tide can do to the landscape and the sea floor.
We passed head-on to this bulk gas carrier in Principe Channel. I'm guessing she is carrying propane, but I don't know.
I also don't know why the tug is behind the ship. I'm guessing the ship has a problem with the rudder such that their steering is compromised. So, the tug is steering the ship.
Whatever, we stayed out of her way.
Why is my beer not cold? Bill decides that he needs a project and fixing the beverage fridge is just the thing. Jury is out as to whether or not his beer is colder now.
Nicki is researching how and where to catch salmon as our beloved boat captain is less than useless in that regard.
Why is my beer not cold? Bill decides that he needs a project and fixing the beverage fridge is just the thing. Jury is out as to whether or not his beer is colder now.
Nicki is researching how and where to catch salmon as our beloved boat captain is less than useless in that regard.
Motoring down Principe Channel. We've abandoned this morning's fishing escapade with a lonely rock fish as our sole catch. Unfortunately for him, we didn't know we'd caught him and so we dragged him for quite a while down the channel.
Ahhh, our beloved Captain doing what he does best (besides napping). While Bill & Nicki fish, Karen & I take turns driving.
It turns out that driving at 2-3 knots is both challenging and boring. It is challenging as at idle, our boat does 4.1 knots. So, to go slower, we take it out of gear, slow down, the put it back in gear, speed up, then take it out of gear. Rinse & repeat...
Anyway, at the south end of Pitt Island, we tried fishing again for salmon - and caught nothing, but we did lose a spinner and lure.
Maybe something big got it or maybe it got cut on a rock or maybe aliens took it. Who knows and we will never find out.Bill & Nicki gave up fishing and went for a cut-throat game of Gin instead.
Karen cooked, and I worked on tomorrow's navigation.
Master Chef and Admiral, Karen making her famed Olive Chicken. A lovely Mediterranean dish comprised of chicken, Kalamata olives, green Spanish olives, tons of garlic, tomatoes, capers, and chicken stock over a bed of noodles with Parmesan cheese atop it all.
Saycuritay Cove at the southern end of Pitt Island. I took this while I was ostensibly working on navigation. Being keen observers, you will note two other Selene 53's are in the anchorage. They are Free Range and Melissa Lynn - the Selene's we met a few days ago in Prince Rupert. The other boat is a catamaran, Donna Gail who we met last year in an anchorage near here the night of the Kamchatkan Tsunami warning.
Master Chef and Admiral, Karen making her famed Olive Chicken. A lovely Mediterranean dish comprised of chicken, Kalamata olives, green Spanish olives, tons of garlic, tomatoes, capers, and chicken stock over a bed of noodles with Parmesan cheese atop it all.
Saycuritay Cove at the southern end of Pitt Island. I took this while I was ostensibly working on navigation. Being keen observers, you will note two other Selene 53's are in the anchorage. They are Free Range and Melissa Lynn - the Selene's we met a few days ago in Prince Rupert. The other boat is a catamaran, Donna Gail who we met last year in an anchorage near here the night of the Kamchatkan Tsunami warning.
Around the dinner table we have arugula salad, Olive Chicken, and more of Nicki's focaccia bread.
This was paired with a 2023 The Creek, Okanogan Valley blend of Cab Franc, Merlot, Cab Sauv, Syrah, and Petit Verdot. It is drinking way too young, but still yummy. Try again in 5 more years.
Lemon sour cream cupcake with lemon buttercream - yup, she did it again.
A spirited few games of RummiCube broke out as we all needed to work off the sugar-induced hyper energy from the lemon sour cream cupcakes. I swear, I am going to blimp to a gazillion pounds before Nicki & Bill are done with us at the end of the week.
Tomorrow, we get to stay at the dock in Butedale. Butedale is an old former cannery that has been acquired by developers who have big plans (don't they all). Only by permission is anyone allowed at their dock. So, I called and they granted us permission! Wonderful. We've never been there, but we've been passed it many times.
Lemon sour cream cupcake with lemon buttercream - yup, she did it again.
A spirited few games of RummiCube broke out as we all needed to work off the sugar-induced hyper energy from the lemon sour cream cupcakes. I swear, I am going to blimp to a gazillion pounds before Nicki & Bill are done with us at the end of the week.
Tomorrow, we get to stay at the dock in Butedale. Butedale is an old former cannery that has been acquired by developers who have big plans (don't they all). Only by permission is anyone allowed at their dock. So, I called and they granted us permission! Wonderful. We've never been there, but we've been passed it many times.
I'll report more in tomorrow's edition. Stay tuned!
Good Night. Safe and Adventurous Travels, My Friends.







Comments
Post a Comment