Late to Rise and Early to Bed for Tomorrow We Cross Cape Caution...

Breakfast at noon?   Why not!   Karen made a scramble and I paired that with more of Nicki's spectacular banana bread!   Thank you, Nicki!!!

Underway from Pruth Bay to Big Frypan Bay.   Getting prepared for our crossing of Cape Caution tomorrow.   Tomorrow, it is 41 miles of semi-open ocean between here and Bull Harbour at the extreme north end of Vancouver Island.

That is Queen Charlotte Sound in the distance and the North Pacific beyond that.   We cross that tomorrow.

It is a beautiful day, so we elect to drive from the flybridge.

A sea lion on the rocks as we turn from Fitz Hugh Sound into Darby Channel, just north of Big Frypan Bay.

Another shot from Darby Channel.  Lots of terminal moraine here.  Just piles of rocks (some very large, to be sure, but still just rock piles).  These islands are all the tops of hills that were pushed here by the glaciers that came down from River's Inlet and Fitz Hugh Sound.

Just a photo of our wake.   At 6.5knots we make almost no wake, that is a rather efficient speed for us.  But 6.5knots is soooo verrry slowwww!
Karen out SUP'ing in the south cove in Big Frypan Bay.  

Just a note that when we pulled in to Big Frypan Bay, we could smell wood smoke.   This is the fist time this summer we have smelled smoke.

Outbound...

Inbound...

I experimented for dinner.  I took a top sirloin, sliced it into 1/2" widths, marinated it is EVOO, smoked paprika, garlic powder, black pepper, and salt for about an hour.

Then I woked it, adding in green beans until they blistered.

Karen had made some sauteed potatoes in onions and peppers. 

Wonderful.  This was the first time I'd used the wok to make non-Asian inspired food.

Delicious!  I paired that with the leftover 2023 Long Cellars Reserve Cab Sauv we opened last night.

If you aren't familiar with the Coravin, and you love wine - you should have one.   It is a total game changer.

Karen exacted her revenge tonight in full contact cribbage.   She almost skunked me!


 






Tonight's sunset.   Not much of a sunset, but we will go with it.

Tomorrow, we depart at 0630 (6:30am) to catch favorable tidal currents as best we can.   It would be even better if we departed at 0200 (2:00am), but I'd have a justified mutiny on my hands if I did that.  Besides, at 2:00am it is still completely dark, and we couldn't see the numerous logs and dead-heads floating around.

See you tomorrow in the dim wee hours of the morning.   Good Night, My Friends.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Selene Rendezvous West, Maintenance, and Cruising Towards Anacortes

Leap'n Leviathans!

Pitter-Patter...