Old Foxes Learning New Tricks

 
Karen's first day ever on a Stand-Up-Paddleboard (SUP) and she's standing!   That is amazing, to me.  I would be soaked from repeated unintentional swimming.  She didn't even swim once!

But, before the day's activities, we had breakfast on the aft deck! 
Karen made her scramble of eggs, hashbrowns, tomatoes, peppers, onions, jalapenos, and spices.  We forgot the ham - didn't matter as it tasted great.
Her first attempt on the SUP.   She had to start out kneeling.   She tried sitting and that was OK.
Note the underinflated SUP.   It is supposed to have 15psi and we had 3.  Needless to say, it was a bit soft which made standing nearly impossible.


2nd attempt and she's standing like a pro!   Pumping it up to 7.5psi helped.  Next time we will try 12 psi.
In case she went for a swim, I was playing lifeguard from the dink when I snapped this photo.

Beautiful boat!
We put the SUP away and went for a dinghy ride around the islands.   This was ostensibly to further break in the new engine.   It was also just because it was a beautiful day.

For dinner, Karen whipped up an arrabiata sauce, and we had that over penne.   This was accompanied by the 2023 Long Cellars Savor Premium Red Blend.   Both were quite yummy.

All on the aft deck!   What a spectacular couple of days.   I hope the weather holds for tomorrow as we plan to cross the remainder of Dixon Entrance, enter Canada, and dock in Prince Rupert.
Sunset from Foggy Bay, AK.



The sunset colors are just so intense up here.   And I don't think this is smoke-related as we can't smell even a hint of smoke from all the fires down south.

Ciao, My Friends.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Selene Rendezvous West, Maintenance, and Cruising Towards Anacortes

Leap'n Leviathans!

Pitter-Patter...