Princely Rupert...
Provisioning Day. We walked up to the local Safeway and bought the store. I had a near heart attack as things were being rung up - thank heavens it was in Canadian dollars!
Bill & Nicki called from the top of the dock ramp, so we ran up to get them. Here we are walking down the dock and past Russ & Missy's Selene, Melissa Lynn.
Bill & Nicki made it aboard. Nicki brought an entire cooler full of fresh baked goods designed to make us all fatter and happier. Bring it on!
Aren't they cute (gak!)? Yes, indeed they are.
We decided to go back to Waterfront for dinner. I wanted the Indian Butter Chicken, but after having that dish last night and as leftovers at lunch, I opted for the scallops and shrimp. Nicki went for the Indian Butter Chicken. Karen had the halibut cheeks and Bill had the braised beef short ribs. All reported good meals. This was all paired with a 2020 Cassini Maximus red blend from the Okanogan Valley in BC.
Sunset across the bay. Looks a lot like last night! Spectacular. The yacht you can barely see is Planet 9. I don't know much about her, but we crossed routes a few days ago as she was heading into Ketchikan. She is a very purposeful looking expedition style yacht.
In this photo, the Admiral is stowing the goods. Somehow, she got it all packed away and cleaned up. Tomorrow, we will make one last pilgrimage to Safeway to pick up any specialty items that Bill & Nicki will want.
Prince Rupert is a very attractive, clean, well-stocked, well-serviced blue-collar town. One of our favorite stops as we travel to/from Alaska every year.
New Selene friends. From R-L, Woody & Heidi on their Selene 53, Free Range. And Missy & Russ on their Selene 53, Melissa Lynn. Then Karen & me.Melissa Lynn is the very first Selene 53 produced - and they keep her in beautiful condition.
They were all considering altering their gallies (kitchens) similar to what we have done on Blue Redd. We chopped the high counter off and made the countertop just one level, installed a single large sink, changed some of the cabinetry and access to lockers, etc.
Bill & Nicki made it aboard. Nicki brought an entire cooler full of fresh baked goods designed to make us all fatter and happier. Bring it on!
Aren't they cute (gak!)? Yes, indeed they are.
We decided to go back to Waterfront for dinner. I wanted the Indian Butter Chicken, but after having that dish last night and as leftovers at lunch, I opted for the scallops and shrimp. Nicki went for the Indian Butter Chicken. Karen had the halibut cheeks and Bill had the braised beef short ribs. All reported good meals. This was all paired with a 2020 Cassini Maximus red blend from the Okanogan Valley in BC.
Sunset across the bay. Looks a lot like last night! Spectacular. The yacht you can barely see is Planet 9. I don't know much about her, but we crossed routes a few days ago as she was heading into Ketchikan. She is a very purposeful looking expedition style yacht.
Tomorrow after our 2nd provisioning run, we will head out and down to Newcombe Harbour, about 40 miles to the south.
Good Night, My Friends.




I bet they were all jealous of the changes you made to the galley! The extra workspace created by flattening the island and the ease of cleanup created by ditching the double sinks for one large sink are the two changes I highly prize. After working with a single large sink for a while now, I will never put a dual sink in a kitchen counter again. Kudos! -CM
ReplyDelete