The Jellyfish Armada has Arrived...

 

What the...   Look at all these jellyfish!   All moon jellies.  And we are surrounded.   Send help!

These guys are beautiful to watch as they slowly pulse their way around the boat.   I've shut down everything with a raw water intake to prevent us from sucking one of these guys up.

Which brings us to a problem.   I'm down to 43% battery power.   I need to run the generator, but I don't dare until these guys move out.

High tide.

Low tide.  Same view, just 15' tide range difference.

Just a shot of the boat from the bow anchor platform looking aft.   I think she's a beautiful boat.

Karen made her Pho/ramen diner.  Man that is really tasty firey good soup!  Jalapenos, chilis, chili oil, garlic-chili paste, Chinese mustard, crushed red chili flakes, black pepper, more garlic, ginger, oyster sauce, soy, mushrooms, bok choy, onions, peppers, and chicken over ramen rice noodles.

I needed a big wine to pair with these strong flavors, so I went with the 2023 Long Cellars Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon.   I was not disappointed.




The Nordhavn 62 we saw in Wrangell a few days ago ghosted into the bay tonight.  Did I mention I really like this design?

The darn jellies are still out there in force.   We had a brief jellie-less respite, so I fired-up the generator to get some electrons excited.   I stuffed a bunch of them into my batteries and got to 70% charge.  That will hold us through the night, but I'll have to fire up the generator first thing in the morning.   Now, it is too dark to see whether the jellies are there or not, and I don't want to take the risk.

Good Night, My Friends.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Selene Rendezvous West, Maintenance, and Cruising Towards Anacortes

Leap'n Leviathans!

Pitter-Patter...