A Day of Fall Weather and Gratitude...

Chinatown, Victoria style....   This is only about 3 blocks east of the primary downtown area.   Next time we are here, this is where we will go for some Chinese food!

Breakfast of whatever.   Since we are crossing into the US tomorrow, we ate everything that was not allowed to cross the border.   Not sure what all was in it, but I can tell you that jalapenos must not be allowed into the US!
This morning the weather was very Fall-ish.   Cold, windy, overcast, and not all that pleasant.   So, we stayed in this morning waking up and doing some boat chores.

This afternoon the weather had not improved, but we took a hike around town anyway.

The float plane base in downtown Victoria.   Very handy location.   We have flown in & out of here a couple of times.
Want a floating hot-tub experience?  We saw this guy out in the Strait of Juan de Fuca yesterday.

We walked along the waterfront, turned right and ended-up in Chinatown.
Karen's Foo-Dogs.   She wants a pair of these for the house...   Note the one with the pup is female and the other with the ball is male.   Gotta have both to have the ying-yang harmony!

There be dragons around!
And that same photobombing couple.
In last night's blog, I mentioned that they light-up the Parliament Buildings.  This is them...

And The Empress hotel.

The photobombed view from the other side of the harbour.

And of The Empress hotel too.

We are sooo very lucky to be here and be able to do what we do and share it with you.  I could not be here if it weren't for you all.   I am but a product of the combined ambition, thinking, compassion, rigor, commitment, and love of my family, friends, and the various people I've met and worked with over the years.   I try to honor that and give back at every opportunity.

We head to Port Townsend, WA tomorrow morning to visit dear friends, Paul and Jenell.   Paul is one of my "teachers" in that he is a very wise, deep-thinking, empowering, and lovable/loving human being.   I am so pleased to count him among my friends.


Good Night to All of My Friends!

Comments

  1. You and Karen are good people, Peter. Your friendship was one of the many wonderful things I received from my years working with you and Rick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At Lighthouse, we were a great team. We all relished and thrived in the value we produced for our customers - and we did great work! I miss working closely with you and our other teammates.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Selene Rendezvous West, Maintenance, and Cruising Towards Anacortes

Leap'n Leviathans!

Pitter-Patter...