Cats and Gardens on Boats, No Thank You!
This is either a garden or a boat. Not sure which.Someone asked about boat cats. Yes, there are such things, and it would be an interesting addition to our family. But given our situation, wintering in FL and summering in Alaska, I'm not sure it would be optimal for the cat.
That is Campbell River as we approach up Discovery Passage from the south. Many cruisers don't care for Campbell River. I've never understood that as this place is fantastic. So many great services within walking distance from the well-kept marinas. The people are great and the area is clean and full of interesting (not necessarily inexpensive) shops.
For you, Paul. That is an Atlantic 55, I think (maybe a 57???). Definitely a Chris White design! Beautiful wind-speed sailing machine and on my shortlist if I ever go back to a sailboat. Oh, yeah, and Karen too.
Some people go boating, others go gardening. I guess this person likes to combine them. I'm not sure that is entirely pragmatic...
Karen putting fresh water in our tanks. We have two 250-gallon tanks. One was close to empty, and the other was full. Now both are full.
Of course we walked the docks. Who doesn't like to walk docks and look at boats??? While out and about, we got a nice picture of Blue Redd.
And we all know how well things go with a displeased cat...
That is Campbell River as we approach up Discovery Passage from the south. Many cruisers don't care for Campbell River. I've never understood that as this place is fantastic. So many great services within walking distance from the well-kept marinas. The people are great and the area is clean and full of interesting (not necessarily inexpensive) shops.
For you, Paul. That is an Atlantic 55, I think (maybe a 57???). Definitely a Chris White design! Beautiful wind-speed sailing machine and on my shortlist if I ever go back to a sailboat. Oh, yeah, and Karen too.
Some people go boating, others go gardening. I guess this person likes to combine them. I'm not sure that is entirely pragmatic...
Karen putting fresh water in our tanks. We have two 250-gallon tanks. One was close to empty, and the other was full. Now both are full.
500 gallons covers the two of us for about 9 days. With guests aboard, we get about 3 days. We don't stress over water usage; we just make water or fill-up more.
At Karen's feet is the hose, which goes into a 1micron sediment filter, then the hose into the deck-fill for the FW tank.
Reverse Osmosis water is great, except that it has a really flat flavor. So, I prefer to water up at every port to get better taste.
Giving Chef Karen and Dish Faery Peter a break, we elected to have dinner at Moxie's. We shared the Roasted tomato and whipped feta with dill over grilled sourdough toast as an appetizer (heavenly good!). Karen had salmon, I had the filet. And we shared the totally killer Mile High Coffee-Mud Pie with extra caramel and chocolate sauce. Urp!
Giving Chef Karen and Dish Faery Peter a break, we elected to have dinner at Moxie's. We shared the Roasted tomato and whipped feta with dill over grilled sourdough toast as an appetizer (heavenly good!). Karen had salmon, I had the filet. And we shared the totally killer Mile High Coffee-Mud Pie with extra caramel and chocolate sauce. Urp!
We had to walk it off afterwards. We were treated to this lovely sunset.
Of course we walked the docks. Who doesn't like to walk docks and look at boats??? While out and about, we got a nice picture of Blue Redd.
We are staying here for 3 nights, before we head to Comox on Tuesday to visit Rob & Sheila. It has been a few years since we last saw each other, and I'm looking forward to seeing them again.
Good Night, My Friends.



Paul says that boat is awesome! Looks fast and sleek.
ReplyDeleteIt is one of the best, most purposeful looking catamarans I've seen. It is a beautiful boat. IUnfortunately, there is no name on the transom (or anywhere else) and no one aboard. So, not much chance of me drooling all over it. Darn! I don't need another boat anyway.
ReplyDeleteOf cats and plants:
ReplyDeleteA cat would be wonderful to have around! It would be important to have just one, though. A single cat will be all about you, and its purpose in life would be to please you (… as much as you can get that from any cat). If you have two cats, they become more interested in each other other than you. And certain cats will be very comfortable flying, so taking them back-and-forth with, you could be very doable.
As for plants, probably a really bad idea. They are really quite destructive to man-made surfaces. The planters are heavy, so they rarely get moved, and they use a lot of water. It is lovely to have flowers aboard, I’m sure. So get a vase and pick up a nice bouquet of fresh cut blooms when you are in port. 😝 -CM