Sitting Pretty at Octopus Islands

Sunset tonight in Octopus Islands Provincial Park.

A flock of ducks swam by Blue Redd this morning during a rare break in the rain.

Karen made Mexi breakfast again.   Totally delicious.   I sure wish I still had some of Nicki's pumpkin loaf around...
Lunch, at least for me, consisted of about a dozen frozen peanut M&M's.  Karen just pulled these out of the deep freezer.   How could I resist???
Dinner was leftover Pho, doctored a bit with newly marinated beef, some scallions, etc.  We also had some gyoza in my racy/spicy chili garlic dipping sauce.

And we polished off the remnants of last night's 2023 Long Cellars Red Mountain Blend.

We've got 3 weeks left in our summer voyage and its time to eat leftovers!   We are anticipating some interesting combinations as we eat the remaining items aboard.
Another sunset from Octopus Islands.


Yeah, what a great day going nowhere and doing pretty much nothing.   

Karen worked on her Christmas projects, and I studied up how to build cabinets for our remodeled home.   The kitchen and bath cabinets we hired done, but all the other cabinets, bookcases, tables, etc. are on me.  Good thing I'm retired...

Tomorrow morning, we are off to the town of Campbell River on Vancouver Island.   It is only about 30 miles away down and around the southern tip of Quadra Island.   To catch the tidal currents, we will depart about 1030 (10:30am).   We should be in about 1430 (2:30pm).


Have a wonderful evening, My Friends.



 

Comments

  1. Building cabinets is ambitious! Well built boxes can be a lot of work, but the doors are the part that is visible and must be right. JOHN E

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure I'd be better off just buying them, but I never said I was very smart... and I'm looking forward to the challenge. I've been researching like crazy. I've built not-so-great looking cabinets to date, and I want to do a truly professional job on these. I'll start in the garage and practice there... The core issue on the cabinets, at least to me, is getting everything perfectly square. That has historically been a challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it’s wonderful that you still have your dad‘s woodworking tools and room to create. 👍🏻 -CM

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Selene Rendezvous West, Maintenance, and Cruising Towards Anacortes

Leap'n Leviathans!

Pitter-Patter...